Friday, April 07, 2006

Cut that Wire!

It is a beautiful afternoon! It's Friday night, so on the way home from work picked up our traditional 'Friday Night 'Za' Pizza and Coke - one of my 'comfort food combinations'. After dinner, it was still light enough, and warm enough, to continue on the EvenBrake install. For a "big boned" boy like myself, getting under the drivers side dash makes me claustrophobic. But I was able to see how the brake switch is connected to the actuator, and disconnected the connecter. After peeling back some tape, I was able to test which was the hot and cold sides of the connector. I needed to cut the cold side, so I tested it three more times, removed the brake switch fuse as suggested in the install guide, and made the cut. I connected the special relay. (4 different wires!) The relay makes sure the brake lights do not get activated by the Evenbrake while in tow, but still works when driving.
First time I tested - No Brakelights! I followed directions - what did I do wrong? Figured, I'd move RoadToad to the driveway. She'll start - but won't shift! The electronics think that I'm not using the brakepedal while shifting. What Now? Well after looking again - by flashlight, it's getting dark - I connected all the wires, but forgot the connect the wired connector to the Brake Switch! Did that, everything is working as it should be!
Next is wiring the monitor/sending unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home